Getting to Jessie Mac's Luxury Hostel
If you zoom in, then drag the little orange man to the point of the red marker, you will see our accommodation at street view level.
We particularly want to reward guests to make it to our door by means other than car or motorbike. So if you arrive by public transport or under your own steam, we’ll treat you to a mug of tea/coffee, a bun and a fluffy towel on arrival. People have arrived on foot, by bike, train, bus, kayak … go on … try something different.
We are based in the village of Birnam, just ten minute’s walk from the neighbouring village of Dunkeld, in Perthshire. We have excellent links by road, public transport and walking/ cycling routes.
- CAR - one hour’s drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow. At Perth take the A9 north, after 12 miles turn right at a sign for Dunkeld & Birnam. There is plenty of free parking on the street in front of Jessie Mac’s. We’re just next door to St Mary’s Church and the Post Office / Chattan Tea Room.
- SAT NAV – use our postcode PH8 0BG or type “Jessie Mac’s” or use lat/long co-ordinates:
- Latitude : 56.558324 - Longitude : -3.5762134
- Lat = 56 degrees, 33.5 minutes North
- Long = 3 degrees, 34.6 minutes West
- GOOGLE MAPS – just type “JessieMacs” or “Murthly Terrace Birnam” – Check this out ...
- BUS - direct buses from Edinburgh / Inverness and connections from Glasgow. The bus stops outside the Birnam Hotel, only 100 metres down the road from us.
- City Link M91 is the Edinburgh/ Inverness bus.
- The local bus is the Stagecoach number 23 which runs between Perth and Aberfeldy several times each day. It also stops outside the Birnam Hotel, 100 metres down the road from us.
- TRAIN - regular direct trains from Edinburgh and Glasgow every two to three hours. Five minutes' walk to Dunkeld and Birnam station. Visit the Scotrail Website.
- BIKE - we are on Sustrans route 77. We also have a secure bike shed.
- KAYAK/CANOE - jump out at the Birnam Oak!