Eating and Local Restaurants
We have one of the best equipped hostel kitchens in Scotland. You’ll find:
- 2 double oven / grill / hobs
- 1 large fridge, 2 small fridges & 1 small fridge freezer
- 2 sinks
- Hot water urn
We have plenty of pans, teapots, cafetieres, crockery, silverware and glasses plus a large food storage area. We’ve had a group cater for 120 people from this kitchen and we’ve got everything right down to garlic presses and electronic scales.
The well stocked village shop is 100 meters away and is open from 6.30 a.m. until 8.30 p.m. In nearby Dunkeld you’ll find the local Co-op minimarket, the Scottish Deli, Dunkeld Butchers and Dunkeld Smoked Salmon if you fancy a treat.
Cooked Breakfast and Continental Breakfast
You're in for a treat. We try to source all of our food from the surrounding area, using organic and Fairtrade products where we can. Meat comes from Simon Howie Perthshire Butcher, salmon from Dunkeld Smoked Salmon and gorgeous free range organic eggs from Kilduncan Farm.
We offer a wide range of breakfasts, we include healthy options and vary the menu to keep it fresh.
We go to great lengths to meet your dietary needs. So far we've kept folk happy who are vegetarian, vegan, gluten intolerant, specialist allergies, morning intolerant etc. We'll do our best to help. We are a Fairtrade business and the majority of our ingredients are from Perthshire.
We’ve got a great selection of places to eat out, during the day and into the evening. It’s always worth checking what time last meals are served as food service usually ends by 9pm.
Eating and Drinking in Birnam
- Birnam Arts Centre – day time café/bistro
- Birnam Inn – specialises in Italian food
- Birnam Hotel
- Chattan Tea Rooms – day time cafe
- Erigmore – pub/restaurant as part of holiday park
Eating and Drinking in Dunkeld
- Atholl Arms - Riverside Restaurant
- Atholl Arms – The Meeting Place (pub grub/bistro)
- Darjeeling Indian Restaurant
- Dunkeld Fish & Chip Shop
- Dunkeld House/Hilton - restaurant
- Howies Bistro
- Perth Arms – pub grub
- Royal Dunkeld Hotel – restaurant & pub grub
- Taybank Inn – pub grub
Daytime Cafes - Dunkeld
- Spill the Beans,
- Country Bakery,
- Corbenic Café
- Scottish Deli